Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup Soy milk soured with a tsp. lemon juice (or buttermilk or 1/3 cup milk)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
3. In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
4. Beat egg with fork, add soy milk and banana.
5. Combine granulated sugar, and brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
8. Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
9. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
(I made 6 jumbo muffins and used full fat soy milk)
Adapted from food.com